Through a grant from the WA Department of Communities, Developmental Disability WA is offering funds to support organisations and groups to hold inclusive community events or activities on or around the International Day of People with Disability on
3 December 2022.
International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) is a United Nations observed day aimed at increasing public awareness, understanding and acceptance of people with disability. The Australian Government has been supporting IDPwD since 1996 and provides funds to promote and raise awareness of the day and support activities around Australia.
Sponsorship of up to $1000 is available for organisations to deliver community events or activities, including: disability festivals, sporting events, disability forums, workshops, seminars, award ceremonies; and art, music, dance and other cultural events.
This sponsorship funding aligns with the vision of A Western Australia for Everyone: State Disability Strategy 2020-2030 to build a more inclusive Western Australia and empower people with disability to participate meaningfully in all parts of society.
Applicants will be required to align their events or activities with the Strategy.
Who is eligible to apply
• Incorporated, not-for-profit, non-government organisations
• Local government authorities
• Un-incorporated organisations or community groups, applying through the auspice of an incorporated body or a local government authority.
Applications close: Midday, 24 October 2022
Any further information contact Beth Marchbank on 9420 7203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
Please read the attached documents for more information about eligibility and how to apply.
- Sponsorship Guidelines for International Day of People with Disability
- Application Form International Day of People with Disability 2022
- Photograph Release Consent Form (Template)