Developmental Disability WA (DDWA) is the oldest and most trusted source of independent information, advocacy and support for people with intellectual and other developmental disability, their families and the people who support them.
Established in 1986, our organisation offers free membership to individuals and family members and others who have an interest in advancing the rights and needs of people with disability.
Mr Mal Cronsdedt, Chair of the Board of Management of DDWA announces new Acting Manager…
Bassendean event: NDIS Planning for people who are non verbal & have developmental disability – A workshop for families. Tuesday 13 March 2018…
Connect with us on Facebook
People with developmental disabilities and their families live their lives their way.
DDWA creates lasting positive change by:
- Supporting people with developmental disability and their families to have a strong voice
- Partnering with others to develop more connected and inclusive communities, and
- Influencing government and other decision makers
- People are the experts in their own lives and have the right to self-determination and contribution.
- Our membership and our relationships reflect the diversity of this community of interest.
- Sometimes people need skills and support to be heard.
- Developmental Disability WA practices consistent dedication to long lasting change.
- Mutually supportive relationships sustain us and keep us connected, inspired and motivated.
DDWA thanks the following members for their ongoing support: