Developmental Disability WA was established in 1985 and is a trusted source of independent information, advocacy, education and support for people with intellectual and other developmental disability, their families and the people who support them.
Established in 1986, DDWA offers free membership to individuals and family members and others who have an interest in advancing the rights and needs of people with disability.
Canada Study Tour 2017: View the presentation from the workshop held 7 May 2018.
Telethon Kids Institute: Autism Research Team Studies – participants sought for two new studies.
Connect with us on Facebook
People with developmental disabilities and their families live their lives their way.
DDWA creates lasting positive change by:
- Supporting people with developmental disability and their families to have a strong voice
- Partnering with others to develop more connected and inclusive communities, and
- Influencing government and other decision makers
- People are the experts in their own lives and have the right to self-determination and contribution.
- Our membership and our relationships reflect the diversity of this community of interest.
- Sometimes people need skills and support to be heard.
- Developmental Disability WA practices consistent dedication to long lasting change.
- Mutually supportive relationships sustain us and keep us connected, inspired and motivated.
DDWA thanks the following members for their ongoing support: