All about me – books
One idea is to create an All About Me book with or for your child and share this with your child’s teacher. An All About Me book should include all the most important, relevant information about your child. It should include what is important FOR your child, as well as what is important TO your child. Be sure to list the strategies that help your child co-regulate. It will also help to include which stressors to avoid to minimise your child’s distress.
Here are some ideas of what to include in an All About Me book:
- Pets (if applicable)
- Communication needs and supports
- Food (allergies, food likes, food dislikes)
- Likes (activities, sensory, places)
- Dislikes (activities, sensory, places)
- Behaviour support plan (including stressors to avoid and calming strategies)
- Safety and medication
- Contact details
Shelley Moore – Who am I resource
Shelley Moore is an inclusive teaching specialist and she has a resource that can be completed and shared with teachers. This resource focuses on the person’s individual strengths and challenges in the classroom.