Independent Primary School for students with disabilities and/or autism
46 Burbridge Avenue, Kondoola
Enrolments for 2019 for all school years
Kindergarten to Year 12
Burbridge School works with parents, carers and support agencies to deliver diverse, innovative and specifically tailored learning programs for students with special needs, from Kindergarten to Year 12.
- Their ethos is based on being an inviting, supportive and caring community that sees every child as a unique individual with the potential to learn and achieve. Students are recognised and rewarded for their efforts and accomplishments.
- Burbridge School was purpose-built for students with special needs and we have all sorts of excellent facilities designed to offer diverse options for learning and development for every student. We share a site with the Koondoola Primary School where the Burbridge satellite class provides improved opportunities for the students of both schools to engage in inclusive learning programs.
- Class sizes are small, to give the highest level of attention to our students and every class is led by specialist teachers. Our high staff to student ratio ensures our students enjoy a great degree of individual tuition, support and care.
- A positive behaviour support philosophy is the foundation of our teaching and allows students to develop self-regulation skills and personal and social competence.
- Their specialist primary teachers engage students in learning programs that develop early learning, literacy and numeracy skills and social, communication and independent-living skills.
- Specialist education support teachers use their knowledge and expertise to deliver individually tailored, relevant and meaningful curriculum that reflects the needs and develops the potential of each student.
- Qualified education assistants support learning in the classroom and the community to ensure students receive appropriate care. On-site nurses provide support and care for students with medical needs.
All students at Burbridge School are encouraged to develop independence and the communication, social and personal skills required to become confident learners.
or phone 9342 1633
Families can choose to enrol from any area
The bus catchment area is bounded by Karrinyup Road in the south, basically Joondalup Road in the north and in the east Beechboro Road.
Families can check the Transport Authority website for a more exact map: