DDWA Initiative to Distribute 100 iPad’s
We at DDWA believe that everyone can communicate, regardless of their disability.
Setting communication goals is achievable and we are wanting to upcycle iPad’s to give to people in group homes. People who often can’t afford them but could use them in many useful ways, including as a communication system, a place to keep photos of their family and friends, memories of their experiences, access to information, games and the like.
So far we have given 3 iPads and received feedback about what great life changing outcomes they can provide.
What are we doing?
We are collecting old iPad’s – as long as they work and have power cables, we want them all.
DDWA’s initiative to collect 100 iPad’s has started and we want your help.
How can you help?
By dropping off to our office at City West Lotteries House, 2 Delhi Street, West Perth WA 6005 your old, unwanted iPad.
What to do first?
- Delete your user ID and all personal information from the iPad (see below for a quick guide on how to do this).
- Collect the power cord plus any other cables available the iPad.
- Wrap the iPad and cables, or place in a bag. Please include your contact details so we can let you know it has been passed along.
- Drop off to DDWA’s office during normal business hours:
2 Delhi Street, West Perth WA 6005
How to Receive an Upcycled iPad:
- Do you have an intellectual or developmental disability?
- Would you like to take pictures, record videos or search the internet?
- Do you want a free, second-hand device that may be useful for communicating non-verbally?
If you answered YES then please get in touch with our office on 08 9420 7203 or by email:
Upcycling your iPad? This is how to wipe data from your iPad prior to donating:
- disconnect your iTunes account;
- delete any stored data on the device
- Remove syncs from any connected device
- Delete all personal information
- For more details go to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351
Then please call us on 9420 7203 or email DDWA and we will get in touch with you.
A few things to know about this Upcycling initiative:
The iPad’s that are donated will only be supported by Apple if the new owner obtains an iTunes account.
Unfortunately, as we at DDWA are not experts in the technology area, DDWA is not able to assist with the connection to iTunes or able to offer any technical assistance or support.
In the case where the donated iPad stops working, please recycle. If you would like to be considered for another iPad please get in touch with our office to find out if we still have any iPad’s available, call 08 9420 7203 or email: