Are you interested in learning about new ways of including people with disability in your workplace and the support you can receive?
About this Event
Breakfast Presentation with Sue Robertson at Seashells Mandurah
- Are there busy times in your workplace where you could use some extra help?
- Do some employees in your workplace have duties that take them away from their main area of expertise?
- Are there tasks that you would like to see done more often?
- Are you interested in learning about new ways of including people with disability in your workplace and the support you can receive?
In this workshop you will :
- Be informed about the financial and other support available to help you employ more people with disability.
- Understand the real benefits of employing a person with disability.
- Learn how to design quality jobs for jobseekers with disability
- Explore new approaches to the use of labour in the workplace
- Hear about examples of successful job customisation
- Who should come? Local employers interested in creating a more diverse and skilled workforce
About the Presenter:
Sue Robertson is the former Managing Director and co-founder of EDGE Employment Solutions, an employment agency for job seekers with disabilities, which has secured 6000 award wage jobs for 2500 workers with disabilities since 1984.Sue has presented at numerous international conferences on employment and disability and has published in international journals on this topic. In 2010 she was a finalist in the WA Citizen of the Year Awards (Community Service category). Sue has served on a number of Boards and advisory councils in the sector including the Board of DSC (1999 -2002) and Brightwater Care Group (1998—2006).
This workshop is FREE