DDWA is also available if you would like support to:
- Understand and talk about how to be prepared in relation to Coronavirus planning for yourself or your family member
- Access resources that you may need or find helpful in your planning
- Access advocacy and support around your families health needs and plan
Download a fact sheet on protecting people’s rights during COVID-19.
Collaborating 4 Inclusion has developed this resource for enabling disaster preparedness.
Forms to help you to be prepared for an emergency hospital admission:
- Download and complete the Health Department’s Emergency Transfer Form.
- Download and complete the additional Medical Emergency Health Information Form (developed by Microboards Australia). This is not an official Health Department document, however has successfully been in use for several years now.
- Download and complete the Hospital Passport. This form provides a more detailed explanation of the particular needs of your family member.
It is important to laminate any forms you wish to take to hospital, or seal them a plastic sleeve (a protective wipeable cover). If you do not have access to a printer or laminator, DDWA can help you.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the form by typing into form online
- Email the form to DDWA (email@example.com). We will print onto light card, laminate and post back to you. ($10.00 payment is appreciated to cover our costs).
Other resources and links that might be helpful
A communication board and how to use it in a hospital setting. To help patients communicate in hospital and critical care.
Cleaning and Hygiene Guidelines for Your Home
Patient Provider Communication Inc. provide access to a range of communication supports to help health professionals talk about the virus with people in hospital. You can access this link here.