2020 NDIS Parent & Carer Training:
Workshops! Dates! Times! Pricing! Locations!
Now available to view. To see the Flyer and Register your Interest in receiving the 2020 Catalogue once available:
This workshop program has been running since 2013 to assist families and their supporters, to use a ‘Positive Behaviour Support’ approach when responding to people with disability whose behaviour can cause us stress or concern.
“This training program shows that participants reported higher levels of resilience, optimism, hope and confidence about their caring role at the end of the program” (UWA Business School, 2018)
The Understanding Challenging Behaviour workshop can help parents and carers, by providing information and awareness about different ways to support someone to meet their needs, lessening their necessity to behave in challenging ways.
Would you like to learn more about:
- Why some people do things which can be harmful to themselves, others or to property, or which make it hard to include them?
- What current research says about effective ways to respond?
- Why there are many different approaches to behaviour, and how to decide what’s best for the person you love or support?
- How families and services can get on the same page?
During the ‘Is There a Better Way?’ program, we will explore:
- What challenging behaviour is;
- What the latest research tells us about what the most common drivers for behaviour are, and how we can use this knowledge to help the people we support.
Pricing for 10 hours (2 day course, 5 hours each day – 9:30am start til 2:30pm) plus online modules:
NDIS Funded: $573.20 (GST free) [* payment due later]
Non Funded attendees: $50.00 (inc GST) [* payment due at time of registration]
# At your NDIS Planning meeting quote the NDIS Price Guide “Training for Carers/Parents Support Item” Ref No: 15_038_0117_1_3