This Easy Read document has been developed to support people with disability to share their experiences and contribute their story to the Royal Commission investigating violence, neglect, abuse and exploitation against people with disability.
More information about the Disability Royal Commission can be found on their website:
You can share your experiences with the Royal Commission:
• in writing, over the phone, in a video or audio recording by making a submission
• in a private session with a Commissioner
Sharing your experiences with the Royal Commission will help them to:
• understand the extent of the problem
• learn more about the contexts in which abuse is more likely to occur
• understand the impacts on people with disability, their families, support people and our community
• gather information relevant to our investigations and research program.
The Royal Commission cannot decide or resolve individual cases or award compensation. The Royal Commission acknowledges that coming forward to share your experience is a big step and want to make it as easy as possible. You can ask for any support you need. Counselling and support is available to help you.