NDIS Behaviour Support / Side by Side
Peer Support is at the very centre of the Side by Side program
What is Side by Side?
Side by Side is behaviour support for families who have a son or daughter who has intellectual or developmental disability and who has behaviour which can be described as challenging.*
Peer support is at the very centre of the program, and people can access supports for themselves, their family, and their son or daughter, in line with their needs. This service can be funded through an individual’s NDIS plan.
You can use any or a combination of the following support items in your plan to pay for our services:
|NDIS Support Item||NDIS Support Item Number|
Behaviour Management Plan, Training in behaviour management strategies
Improved daily living skills
Training for carers/parents
How will I know if Side by Side is for my family?
- have a son or daughter with behaviour which can be described as challenging?
- or your family members ever feel isolated, alone, afraid, saddened, stressed by the behaviour of your son or daughter?
- ever feel that if you could better understand or communicate with your son or daughter things would be better?
- ever have a need to share your experiences with others who have been down the same road?
- think you would benefit from learning new strategies or finding out what other people in a similar situation have done?
- wish you had support to work through the services and systems you are connected with or need to connect with?
Did you answer yes to one or more of the questions above?
You may like to submit an Expression of Interest with us:
* Challenging ‘…behaviour of such an intensity, frequency or duration that the physical safety of the person or others is likely to be placed in serious jeopardy, or behaviour which is likely to seriously limit use of, or result in the person being denied access to, ordinary community facilities’. Emerson, E. (1995) Challenging Behaviour. Analysis and Intervention in People with Learning Difficulties, Cambridge University Press.
Have you and your family experienced any of the above and now feel that you would like to support another family?
Please contact us to find out more.
What’s new and interesting with SBS:
Register Your Interest forNDIS Behaviour Support / Side By Side If you are interested in learning more about how DDWA can assist with your NDIS...
DDWA is pleased to share the below links that may help you in preparing for your NDIS planning meeting.
How NDIS Behaviour Support / Side By Side can help: read one parent’s experiences and thoughts after the NDIS Parent & Carer Training workshop weekend for Behaviour Support into Practice
NDIS pre planning sessions: places available for 13 September 2019
[Friday 23 August 2019 – booked out]
Do you have a family member with disability who has had difficulty with accessing health services? This FREE Forum was held in Atwell, 13 June 2019 and Marangaroo 20 June 2019.
DDWA shares published Final Grant Report – DSC0062017 – Complex Communication Needs. Read the full Report.