By joining Developmental Disability WA you are joining the peak organisation in WA for people with intellectual and other developmental disability and their families, and the organisations and people who support them.
Membership to DDWA is free for individuals and families
- Receive newsletters, flyers and publications direct to your inbox or letterbox (if preferred)
- Receive discounted rates and priority access to workshops and seminars
- Opportunities to participate in forums and discussions around disability issues
- Access to Resources / Information Skills / Education (R.I.S.E.) opportunities to increase your confidence in advocating for yourself, family members and loved ones
- Access to service negotiation and one to one support. Where necessary referral to another advocacy or other relevant agency
- Assistance with administration and marketing for support groups hosting events and activities
- Opportunity to vote at our Annual General Meeting and be eligible for a board position
- Connection to a wider network of individuals, families, support organisations, service providers, government departments and agencies to share information or gather support
- Access to the experience and informed support that DDWA as a leader in the sector has provided for over 30 years.
Organisational members are defined as those members who are incorporated or unincorporated non-government bodies or other groups, which are engaged in delivering a direct service to people with developmental disability or provide ongoing family support, information or advocacy to people with developmental disability and their families.